So here it is….the 3rd and final day of this challenge.
rules things they want me to follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you. – Thanks again Superman aka Billy Mac for putting this to me. I enjoyed it more each day. Feel free to summon me to your Hall of Justice any time you need help fighting the good fight.
- Share a post each day for three consecutive days (3 quotes total)
- Explain why you like the quote
- Nominate three bloggers to play along (Yeah, yeah, so I did 2/day.)
So for today’s quote:
Not all those who wander are lost…j.r.r. tolkien
This quote is from a poem in his Lord of the Rings trilogy. For those that might not know it, here it is in its entirety. (The poem, sillies, not the trilogy.)
- All that is gold does not glitter,
- Not all those who wander are lost;
- The old that is strong does not wither,
- Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- From the ashes, a fire shall be woken,
- A light from the shadows shall spring;
- Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
- The crownless again shall be king.
While the poem is called the Song of Strider and refers to the return of Aragorn to lead the free peoples of Middle Earth against the evil of Sauron, this particular line I quoted means so much more to me.
How often we mistake things we see, especially people who do not act or behave in a manner in which we are familiar. Often times I may have been perceived “to wander” when I was not following the path. One of the most amazing compliments I received a little while back was from our tribe’s Gypsy Brooke Breazeale. (In case she missed it I prodded her in my Day 1 Quote Challenge.) It is this act of veering from the path that speaks to my core. It is not that I am lost. No, for it is off the path where I am found.
Finally, here are the last individuals I would poke for quotes:
- Helen Vahdati is an amazing writer with deep musical tastes. (Not to mention her love of Rush as been re-kindled.) She truly writes from many angles, and you need to check her out. I would love to know what quotes inspire her.
- Kristiana with her blog My Screaming Twenties is an incredible poet who is growing stronger with each and every post. Her journey must be filled with gems, and I would love to hear some of them.
Regardless if any of the people I poked decide to participate, you should check them out.
So there you have it. 3 days of quotes from the Wulf. Thank you for sharing them and I hope you all take time to wander.