I was nominated by Superman for this challenge. No seriously. You thought his secret identity was Clark Kent? It’s not. It’s Billy Mac. I am honored and, since it’s not really an award, am willing to participate. Apparently there are ru-ru-ru….ru-ru-ru…shit I can’t even say it. There are things you are supposed to do to participate, and I don’t always do so well with those things.
1. Thank the person that nominated you.
2. Write one quote each day for three consecutive days (3 quotes total)
3. Explain why the quote is meaningful to you.
4. Nominate three bloggers each day to participate in the challenge
I will do my best to stay within these ru…these guidelines.
Thank you so much, Billy, for you heap of praise about my writings. Being more of a poet than a blogger, I am always humbled by these sort of nods.
Not sure what anyone is expecting from me, so I wonder how my first quote will be received and perceived. It is not some great quote from some grand master.
Hey, hey, hey — don’t be mean. We don’t have to be mean. ‘Cause, remember: no matter where you go… there you are.
This is a line from a cult classic movie The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. While the line is humorous in its delivery, it always stood out as meaning something way more to me
The amazing thing about this quote is the simplicity that is lost on so many. One of the problems, I believe, is that people do not understand the power of being present. Being where you are and stopping to savor it. To be part of it. Think about it. How many conflicts would be resolved peacefully or never even occur if all parties stopped to be where they are.
OK so to the nominating 3 others per day thing. Here’s where I might end up having to break or deviate from those requirements they say you have to do.
- I really want to hear from Brooke Breazeale. (Yes you.) I would love to hear what words this Gypsy uses as guideposts. If you follow me enough you know how impressive I think she is, and her writing is spot on.
- I also would like to see what MyDangBlog would choose. There is a depth of with and breadth of interest on here that is enthralling.
Please go check out their blogs and see for yourself. I shall return tomorrow for another round of: What the fuck? Did Wulf really say that was a favorite quote of his?