This is the second time I’ve been nominated. I was honored the first time, but didn’t feel at all worthy, so I didn’t respond. I still don’t feel worthy, but I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter how I feel about these things. BillyMac has nominated me for this award, and I cannot express how honored I am. He included me in an amazing list of other writers, and his reasons for listing me alone had me speechless. I had considered saying, no thank you, “award free” site here. While I mostly intend to be, I truly wish to accept this one from Billy.
For those of you that don’t know, the Liebster Award seeks to highlight new/newer/newish bloggers. When you are nominated, you are summoned to:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the bloggers know of their nomination!
Here are Billy’s questions for me:
1) Why did you start blogging? I found myself with all these thoughts inside me that I no longer could contain. Man by day, Wulf by night? Maybe. So I started writing a couple entries. One day wrote a poem. Apparently it wasn’t very bad. I wrote more. I eventually was convinced I wrote things that people loved to read.
2) What do you like most about yourself? My quick wit.
3) What would you change about yourself? My self-doubt. It rears its head all too often.
4) If you could sit on a park bench and talk with anyone for an hour, living or dead, who would you pick? Jesus Christ. You didn’t put why would we would choose them, but I would want to ask him..”Seriously, dude. What the fuck? I mean c’mon. Do you know HOW many people have died or cause pain because of you?”
5) Who would you pick to play you in your biopic? Daniel Day Louis (although he’d need to put on a few pounds).
6) What is your favorite childhood memory? I had a great childhood, but it would have to be the time my dad took me on a little weekend trip. Just the two of us, when I was 11 years old. We went to another city for the weekend about an hour away. We stayed in a hotel, and had dinner. He said he wanted to take me to a movie. What did I want to see? I told him Blazing Saddles. (I was 11 remember.) He stopped eating, looked at me and said. “OK…but if you tell your mother, I will KILL you.” I finally told her about 15 years ago when my dad was still alive. We laughed, and he said “I still want to kill you.”
7) What one food would you pick if you were stuck on a desert island? My mom’s homemade spaghetti and meatballs.
8) If you could, would you ask for a do-over for any period of your life? I am sure there are things I would do different, or paths I choose or not choose…but all of them made me who I am. They are my sum. I would have trouble removing one without unraveling who I am.
9) What smell reminds you of your childhood? My mom’s homemade spaghetti and meatballs.
10) Who is your biggest influence? I would say my dad in general. Rush, and Neil Peart as influencing my heart/soul and as a writer.
11) Does your family know about your blog? No…no they don’t. I think that’s why Billy referred to me as the Wulf by night writer.
Here are my nominees. I am sure there will be some duplication as the circles I travel don’t always widen. I am sure many of them have been nominated before. However, since it’s my blog and my rules…I can do that. Oh and it doesn’t matter if you are an Award Free blogger. You don’t have to accept and participate, but it doesn’t mean I don’t think you are fucking awesome. And I would really love to hear the answers to my questions regardless in the comments section.
- Bojana’s Coffee and Confessions To Go: This writer has an uncanny ability to touch you with humor when all you want to do is cry. I don’t know if I can recall any other that does it with such ease and care. The way she is able to write with multiple voices is nothing short of brilliant. She is one of the most resistant people I have met via this medium. It’s no wonder she is referenced by so many other bloggers.
2. Stories from the Edge of Blindness: Susan Richardson is NOT a new blogger. And I don’t give a shit. She is one of the most amazing writers I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Her style is so transporting. Her journey is one you do NOT want to pass up. The way she tells these stories will bring you along with her, and you will feel as though you are there. Oh and her poetry fucking rocks!!!
3. Tom Being Tom: Or as I like to call him, my brother from a parallel universe. Talk about a gift. He is…and so is his writing. There is a flow and ease to what he writes, and his love for his love shines through every word. (Not to mention for his wife and dog.)
4. A Writer’s Soul: Her poetry is prolific and personal. She explores more sides of love, lust and all its ugly glory than I have ever read. Her style is all her own, and she is unafraid to speak her mind in her poems.
5. Summoning Magic: A Gypsy’s Tale: Another not very new blog. Also a must read. Brook’s impact on me and my blogging is out there for anyone to research. She took me by storm when I dove into her adventures, and her crisp, clean writing was beautiful. She’s not afraid to share her story, and there is a lot to share.
6. Visions of Paul: Body ~ Mind ~ Spirit: Paul is another prolific poet that paints amazing tales with his words. Sometimes bright, sometimes fierce, angry, or in lust. He has a way of constructing elaborate images with simple phrases.
7. Flawed Pearls: You can’t get there from here, but no list would be complete for me unless I mentioned her. Her site is private (no link posted for that reason), but DAAAAAMN can she write. She hates compliments, so this form of recognition ought really earn me some brownie points. She is one of the most amazing human beings I have ever had the pleasure to read and get to know.
Here are my 11 questions for each of you:
- Do you or have you had a celebrity hall pass with a significant other? The 5 celebrities you could sleep with if given the chance. Who are they?
- What is the first song you remember changing your soul?
- If you could only visit one foreign country, which one would it be and why?
- Do you believe there is life anywhere else in the universe?
- What is your favorite dinosaur?
- Do you prefer to watch a sunrise or sunset and why?
- If you could time travel to one period of history and watch it unfold, what would it be?
- What was the first album or CD you ever owned?
- What is your dream vehicle?
- If you could tell one person, with no repercussions, to go fuck themselves. Who would it be?
- Who has influenced your writing the most?